The Livingston County Health Department (LCHD) will be assisting in the collection of unused tires in an effort to reduce mosquito breeding grounds by providing a means of environmentally safe tire disposal. Tires are notorious breeding grounds for mosquitoes. After sitting outdoors, tires often fill with stagnant water and nutritious leaves making them perfect environments for mosquitoes to thrive.
Tire disposal program eligibility requirements:
- Collection is scheduled to start September 06 and end on Sept 29, 2022
- No farm or construction equipment tires can be accepted.
- Tires can be off or on the rim.
- Tires must be unloaded by the individual dropping them off
- Appointment is required. No exceptions. Call today to schedule an appointment.
- Collection will end once funding has been allocated for disposal costs.
To schedule a tire drop-off appointment, call the LCHD Environmental Health Division at 815-842-5921.
Help fight the bite and safely dispose of your unused tires with the LCHD!